Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Season of Listening

It's January in West Michigan.

I am not working. 

We moved here 3 months ago and we really don't know too many people.  For the first couple of weeks, I was busy putting things away, hanging pictures, and, finding my way around.  The weather was still warm enough to take the dogs for walks and investigate some parks.  Then, the sadness crept in.  I knew we moved because their is a purpose for us to be here, and my husband secured a great job here.  Jamey, my husband is very happy with his job, and, I encouraged him to take it.  Yet, I find myself sad and crying.  Not the "Boo Hoo" ugly crying, but, tears that just don't stop! 

For Christmas, I decided to crochet scarves for my loved ones, I don't think they realize, not only did I learn a new talent, but, my tears are crocheted into the stitches! 

I'm pretty sure during this very disturbing time, my husband thought I had lost my mind.  (You see, we hadn't even been married a year.) 

Well, I got through the sadness, (with the support of my husband, friends back home and family phone calls);  have been learning to make lots of different soups and meals, joined the library and reading up a storm!  The tears have stopped. 

Now, I spend more time praying and worshiping, but, also, listening for God's voice.  I have never really taken the time to "listen" for God.  My entire life has been busy with family, career, friends, etc.  This is my quiet "season", and, God, I am open and listening!

We never know how long a Season may last (especially winter :)), so, thank you, Lord, for bringing us to Michigan, to our warm comfortable home and my peaceful, growing season of listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment